About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Saturday, May 7, 2011

Packed and headed to Alabama- written from cell phone

Wes, Topher, Tanker and I left Virginia on Friday morning after Wes got off work.  He came home, we packed up the back of the Jimmy, loaded the dogs in the middle with the saddle and horse stuff I am giving Jocelyn, and we headed to Georgia.  Topher and Tanker did really well on the drive and they enjoyed laying on the saddle pads.  They must have like the smell of my old horses.

We arrived in Georgia around 3:30 in the afternoon on Friday.  We had both been up over 24 hours at that point and were exhausted.  There was work to be done though.  My mom had collected donations and gathered many bags of stuff from her house and my grandmother's.  To make more room so we could take more, we unloaded the Jimmy and repacked everything.  We sorted clothes by age and gender, and we folded and rolled everything to make it more compact.  When we finished, we estimated that we had over 300 pieces of clothing, over 20 pairs of shoes, phones, toiletries, several sheet sets, towels, medical supplies, crates, flashlights, etc.  Because we were so exhausted, we stayed the night in Georgia at my parents' house.
This morning, we got up early and left my parents' house at 6:30.  We went to a friend's house in Atlanta and picked up donations.  We met our friend who is also the president of the Georgia Humane Society and she donated several bags of dog food that were donated by Petsmart.  As you can see in the last pictures, we had a hard time shutting the back of the Jimmy because we had so much stuff!

We are now on I-20 on our way to the Birmingham/Tuscaloosa area.  Thank you all who donated to us to make this mission of ours possible.  We have been blessed by your generosity.

Our car packed with donations from Virginia.  Getting ready to leave for Georgia.  The dogs are up front.  It was 5:00 in the morning.
The dogs rode up front with the saddle I gave to Jocelyn.  They did not have much room, but they loved laying with the horse stuff

Topher and Quico laying with the donations my mom and dad collected in Georgia.
We were packed full from the back all the way up to our seats.  That bookbag was the only thing that was ours.  We packed very minimally for ourselves so that we'd have enough room for donations.
We didn't have room to bring Topher and Tanker's dog beds with us, so Tanker used the chihuahua's bed.
Topher and Tanker both loved laying on the saddle pads. 
Happy, but tired, Wes
Wes trying to pack everything in after picking up several large bags of dog food from Michelle from Georgia Humane Society.  The doors hardly shut on the Jimmy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.

Follow by Email