About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Morning!

We are happy to announce this morning that Wes is doing remarkably better.  His joints are less sore.  His rash is almost nonexistent.  He is feeling much better.  His abdominal discomfort has returned.  Unless the doctor calls sooner, we unfortunately won't know his lab results until Wednesday.  I have a hunch that he has two things going on here.  I think he must have contracted a tick borne illness on top of whatever is causing the abdominal discomfort (as well as obstruction), rash on his face, and nodule on his lung.  The doctors suspected that he has Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever or Lyme Disease, and that's why they started him on the doxycycline.  His improvement in symptoms can only mean that their suspicions were right.

We had a great weekend of rest.  Yesterday, we went to a friend's house that we had plans to see for a month or so.  Wes was getting cabin fever and he was feeling better, so we decided to go ahead and go.  We enjoyed spending a couple of hours at their house.  They live on the Potomac river and it was a nice day.  Unfortunately, Wes cannot be in the sun with the medication he's on, so most of the time was spent indoors or in the shade.  We enjoyed getting out nonetheless.

A shark tooth found on the bank of the Potomac.  There are lots of them.  I guess they wash into the Chesapeake Bay from the ocean and then into the Potomac. 

The rest of our day was spent resting up for the week ahead. 

Both puppies love to lay and play in the shower.

They both love to play with toilet paper rolls.

Ready to go to sleep for the night.  They don't leave me or Wes much room in the bed.

Wes starts back to work this evening.  I know he is glad to get back.  He still has some fatigue, which he'll have for a while as he continues to get over this illness.  Regardless, he is glad to be getting some normalcy back to his life.


  1. Love this pic

    Are any of your dogs (can't imagine what little I know!) troubled by thunder and lightening??

    Our two take over the bed too, it was fun with the 4/5 we had, too 8)

  2. Not a single one of them. They sleep through storms. We have not found much that the puppies are scared of. We have been taking them out and exposing them to a lot in order to train them to be therapy dogs. Bella was scared of an orange cone once, but was fine with it once she checked it out. We don't live far from Quantico and the Marines train there. They do a lot of bombing. They aren't scared of that either. Topher and Tanker are bomb proof. We are pretty lucky to have easy dogs.


We love hearing from our family and friends.

Follow by Email