About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our crazy lives

Wes started feeling pretty yucky on Monday.  He gradually got worse and worse with abdominal pain and fever.  He started running a fever on Tuesday.  We had to take him to the ER Tuesday night.  He had a 102.7 fever with bad abdominal pain.  The doctor was convinced he had an infected gallbladder.  She thought he would be going to surgery and being admitted once all his tests were done.  Come to find out, that's not what it was at all.  She thinks his gallbladder is malfunctioning, but he has no stones.  He has a nodule on his lung, which I am really worried about, as is his primary care doctor.  He has a kidney stone.  All his labs came back normal.  We are waiting for his blood culture to come back.  The doctors are baffled as to where the infection is at.  He is still running a fever, but we've kept it down with Tylenol and Motrin.

With all this extra craziness added to our lives, the doggies are doing really well.  Topher and Tanker came with us to the ER.  Tanker needs medicine for his epilepsy at 9:30 at night and 5:30 in the morning.  I packed all of it up and brought them with.   The puppies stayed in a large crate at home.  They  had enough room to move around and play.  When I found out that Wes would probably be admitted, I sent out an e-mail to two of our good therapy dog friends and within minutes people were ready to come take care of dogs.  (This whole ordeal is made more complicated with the burden of me not being able to drive anymore.)  Thank you, Kris and Kelly, for being amazing ladies that I can count on.  Your friendship means more to me than you will ever know.

Topher and Tanker did fine in the car.  I went out and walked them when Wes was back for tests.  Tanker did not care for all the "flooding" we've had.  The grass was very wet with standing water.  Dogs should not have to swim through the grass to go potty!  I enjoyed having them there with me for my therapy as I worried about Wes.

The purpose of this post was really to post a couple of funny pictures.  I don't like to air out our troubles, but I am really worried about Wes and my way of de-stressing is to write.  I love to write!  Wes is my entire life and I couldn't imagine my life without him.  He has been my world since the day I met him.  I want everything to be perfect for him all the time.

On a brighter note, here are pictures of the puppies doing what they do best:


See the mess that we have made in the living room?  Making messes is sooooo much fun, but also so much work.  Time to sleep.

Bella and Tanker chewing on rawhide bones.  Shiloh is watching.  I am lucky they all get along so well.

Topher is sticking his tongue out at the puppies after reclaiming his spot on the couch.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.