About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Friday, May 27, 2011

The best person I know and what he means to me

I am learning from Wes that Lyme Disease is no walk in the park.  Just when I thought he was getting better, he is hurting pretty bad again today.  For the first time yesterday, the swelling in his hands went down enough for him to wear his wedding ring.  Our good friend, Cori, had his regular Thursday night show last night at Bella Cafe.  Since Wes doesn't work today, he was really excited to go watch Cori play.  His knees started bothering him yesterday.  This morning he woke up in a lot of pain.  He has two bulging discs in his back from an accident at work a couple of years ago.  They are really bothering him.  His knees are hurting him bad today too.

I am really worried about him.  Wes doesn't complain much.  If he complains of pain, that means he really hurts.  I have been through a lot emotionally.  We both have.  Just in the last two years, my brother has died, my father was on life support in a coma for over a month over a reaction to medications and Parkinson's Disease, our cat was in critical care with liver failure (hepatic lipidosis), Blondie was in the ICU with heat stroke, my mom had major back surgery, I was in a car accident with a concussion and broken bones requiring two surgeries (while in GA taking care of my father after he was in rehab and Wes was here in VA), our dog died unexpectedly, my grandmother passed away after being in GA taking care of her, Wes injured his back at work and has never recovered, I have had to quit working and can no longer drive due to medical issues, a close friend passed away unexpectedly...the list goes on.  All of that in just two years.  With each thing, we both feel like God has used us in some way or another.  We find solace in it all.  We feel like we have a purpose in life.  We use our misfortunes to help others.  We turn our tragedy into triumph.  We feel that we have grown into who we are today through our experiences.  God has shaped our lives and we have a reason to be alive.

I have known heartache.  My heart aches everyday for the ones I have lost.  A part of me died when my brother did.  I think a part of Wes did too. 

Never have I been scared and worried for somebody like I am for Wes right now.  He is my soul-mate.  He is my other half.  I hurt and suffer right along side him.  What is going to happen with this Lyme Disease?  We have met many people recently that have Lyme Disease and they all have long term effects from it.  What is going to happen to Wes and his military career over his back injury?  Wes loves serving his country.  I have never met a person with as much dignity, work ethic, pride for his country, morals, love for his job, love for his family, love for people and animals, stand for what's right in life, excels at all he does, puts his best foot forward, always ready to lend a helping hand, nonjudgmental, and accepting of everyone.  Wes is the prime example of how to live for God. 

Integrity First
Service Before Self and
Excellence in All We Do

Those are the Air Force Core Values.  Wes is that and then some.  I think anyone who has ever known Wes, especially if they have worked with him, can say that Wes upholds those values in every area of his life.

To see Wes suffer is hard on me.  He is worried.  I would do anything to make him better.  Why do bad things happen to good people?  Good has come out of every tragedy.  What will come of this? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.