About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Monday, June 6, 2011

Puppy Training Success

Between playing all night last night and vaccinations today, the puppies have been pretty tired.  I contemplated letting them sleep, but I really don't want to take a chance of having another sleepless night tonight.  I took them outside for about an hour to train today.  They did excellent.  I did everything off leash.  They worked on sit, wait, and come.  I was really proud at how well they did.  I am still working on them holding a command a little longer.  They will sit and wait for a little while, but then get bored.  Practice makes perfect, so we keep practicing.













 Little Bit almost always waits by the door for us to come in.  She may be a cat, but she thinks she's one of the dogs.  She loves the dogs.  She also loves straws.  Today while waiting, she stole my straw out of my glass on the kitchen counter and carried it to the breakfast table.  This is what I came inside to find.








She also tried to eat my peanut butter and jelly sandwich.




The boys celebrated their success of training the puppies with a bone.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.