About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Kongs

I love Kongs.  I think they are great mental stimulation for dogs.  I used Kongs to feed Blondie and I sometimes use them to feed Topher.  Tanker won't eat from a Kong.  If he has to work for his food then he won't eat. 

It was really hot today, so I limited the dogs play time outside. 

To give them a little extra exercise and mental stimulation, I fed the puppies their dinner in Kongs.  They seemed to enjoy them and figured them out quickly.  They are normally not aggressive with their food, but when I used the Kongs they got aggressive with each other.  Therefore, I had to separate them.












I tried to get them to play with a couple of squeaky toys that they never play with.  They were not interested.  Shiloh wanted to play with my foot.



Yellow squeaky dog was a complete flop.




Hot days make for boring days.  Its so much more fun to go outside and play.  It's not worth risking puppy heat exhaustion though.  I must find more interesting indoor activities.

The puppies are completely crate trained.  They go upstairs at night and go straight into their crates.  They sleep until Tanker's medicine alarm goes off at 5:30.  I am proud at how well they are doing.



For the most part, it was a lazy Zoo Crew day.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.