About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Proof is in the Dog Prints

Reincarnation.  I have never believed in such a thing.  Souls do not come back in another body.  I don't think. 

Blondie died last August.  Blondie was the smartest, funniest, full of personality, most challenging dog I have ever had.  There will never be another Blondie...or will there?

Bella is challenging my belief system regarding reincarnation.  Is it possible that Blondie is back???  (joking, of course.)

When we lived at Fairchild AFB, our kitchen was separated from our living room by an island/peninsula counter.  Blondie and Sweet Pea used to chase each other around the house.  Our house was not very big.  We lived in a two bedroom, one bathroom house on base.  It was perfect for us and the animals made it work.  (There was only Blondie and Sweet Pea back then.  It's hard to believe we only had two!)

One day, Sweet Pea was hauling butt through the living room and she leaped onto the peninsula.  Blondie was chasing her.  Up goes Sweet Pea.  Up goes Blondie flying with great speeds through the air.  On the counter they both go.  Sweet Pea stops.  Blondie slides.  Down goes Blondie off the other side.

Bella is following in Blondie's footsteps.  She and Shiloh were playing today.  She wanted on the couch.  She leaped onto the coffee table, and then jumped off the coffee table onto the couch.  The proof is in the dog prints.



Which proves one more thing: I really need to dust.  I must have just missed that table.  I promise that the rest of my house is spotless.

Bella was a wild puppy.  She started puppy biting my arms, so I had to spray them with bitter apple.  She hates bitter apple and will bark and lunge at the bottle when it's near her.  I did turn the incident into an obedience lesson and made her "stay" while I posed the bottle in front of her.  I have to have a picture of her with the spray bottle to illustrate my blog.



Then it was nap time.  Bella wanted to prove to me that she was a good girl by looking cute.  All American Bella Bean.






Naps only last thirty minutes or so most of the time.  We went out and played for a while this afternoon.  It is very hot, but we stayed for about an hour anyway. 










Little Bit is waiting for the dogs to come back in.


They came back in and napped again.


Topher:  Pawdicure please?
Shiloh:  It's so hot that I'm going to pretend to lick a popsicle.


It is June 9th and it seems that the dog days of summer have begun.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.