About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Friday, February 4, 2011

The SUPER HERO Topher Diaries

The SUPERHERO Topher Diaries: I am learning the command "wait". EASY!!! It just means to wait for a new command. Today, Neo is out of his room on a day pass. While I was in a "down" and on a "wait", I saw Neo come close to my hedgehog right before I was told to "come." I ran over, saved Santa Hedgehog, then "came" to mom with hedgehog in my mouth. I still obeyed all commands AND saved my hedgehog.  Mom laughed, but then wanted to try it again to see if I could do it without being concerned with Hedgehog. This time she put me in a sit and told me to "wait". When she told me to come, I heard Terrorist Cat upstairs picking on Little Bit. I diverted once again. I ran upstairs, saved Little Bit, then ran back downstairs, picked up my hedgehog along the way, "came" to mom and sat in front of her like I'm supposed to. I love this new wait command. It allows me to still look around and be Superhero Topher when I need to be. I must save the world from Hell Cat.

I looked up the definition of the wait command to validate that I am still doing it right.  Here it is:

The "wait" dog command is very useful, especially if you'd like your dog to be reliable even when he's not on the leash. 

I finished reading there.  I was very reliable today at saving Santa Hedgehog and Little Bit.  I think I've mastered wait.  I deserve an A for the day.

Resting quietly now, satisfied knowing that I was Superhero Topher by saving Hedgehog and Little Bit from the terrorist cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.