About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

What a Day

Today was kind of a mixed up, nothing went as planned day.  Snowden was not great.  Topher was not into working this morning.  I think he needs a break.  Puppies are work for Topher as he is the "sheriff" and keeps them in line all the time, but plays as well.  I think he was tired this morning.  Not much interest at all.  I was completely discouraged.  I think I need to spend more one on one Topher/Mama time with him so he can play and just be a dog.  I was exhausted and in a lot of pain today, so I slept the afternoon away while Wes hammered out the final portions of his paper.  We skipped Bully Paws' Pit Bull Awareness Day so Wes could edit away, just for him to get an e-mail from his professor tonight saying that she extended the deadline on the paper.  How disappointing since we missed Nathalie's birthday and Pit Bull Day.  I went out and played with my zoo crew out back this afternoon to discover some cat had peed on my shoe outside.  That is one BRAVE CAT to jump my fence and venture into my yard and onto my deck to pee on my shoes.  That backyard belongs to FIVE BIG DOGS.  Word must have gotten out that we are The Foster Zoo and we accept all.  We love all.  We need a NO VACANCIES neon sign in the yard.  The Foster Zoo is full.


The word is out.  There is the sign over The Foster Zoo's yard.  NO VACANCIES.  No Trespassing without The Foster Zoo password.  No public restrooms.  Do not pee on my shoes.




Poor Tango.  The only thing worse than having a cone on your head is having a cone on your head while in your crate.




Bella and Shiloh will make a toy out of anything.  Tug of war with sticks is fun!


Sweet Pea and Tango helping Wes write a paper.







No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.