About The Foster Zoo

My photo
We have decided to blog our adventures again. So much has changed since we last blogged. Bella and Shiloh both went to their forever homes and they are in wonderful families. June Bug got adopted. We quit fostering dogs after those adoptions because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. We quit doing therapy dog work because Tanker's epilepsy got bad. Tanker passed away June 9th, 2013. We adopted a senior border collie named Shania Tankerbelle in his memory. We still have our two cats, Sweet Pea and Little Bit. Wes has started rescuing pitiful bettas from Wal-Mart and we currently have seven. We have a camper. We camp. We have focused on giving our animals the best lives possible. We are The Foster Zoo Crew and we like to have fun.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

We Are Animal Rescuers!

I Am An Animal Rescuer

My job is to assist God's creatures.
I was born with a need
To fulfill their needs.
I take in new family members
Without plan,
Thought,
Or Selection.
I have bought dog food with my last dimes.
I have patted a mangy head with a bare hand.
I have hugged someone vicious and afraid.
I have fallen in love a thousand times.
And I have cried into the fur of a lifeless body.
I notice those lost at the roadside and my heart aches.
I will hand raise a field mouse, and make friends with a vulture.
I know of no creature unworthy of my time.
I want to live forever if there aren't animals in Heaven,
But I believe there are.
Why would God make something so perfect and leave it behind?
We may be the master of animals,
But the animals have mastered themselves,
Which is something people still haven't learned.
War and abuse make me hurt for the world,
But a rescue that makes the news,
Gives me hope for mankind.
We are a quiet, but determined army,
Making a difference,
Everyday!
There is nothing more necessary than warming an orphan,
Nothing more rewarding,
Than Saving A Life!
No higher recognition
Than watching them thrive.
There is no greater joy than seeing a baby play,
Who only days ago was too weak to eat.
I Am An Animal Rescuer
My work is never done,
My home is never quiet,
My wallet is always empty,
But my heart is always full.

In the game of life, we, the animal rescuers, have already won.




You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.  -James D. Miles

I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.  ~Abraham Lincoln

Why should man expect his prayer for mercy to be heard by What is above him when he shows no mercy to what is under him?  ~Pierre Troubetzkoy


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from our family and friends.